There’s no place like home for the holidays. Unless you’re the one hosting the family for this year’s Christmas party, in which case you might already feel stressed about everything you have to do before, during and after the arrival and departure of your family and friends.
But worry not. From spilled wine to the ever-growing pile of dishes in the kitchen sink, we’ve compiled a checklist of our top tips to keep your beautiful home spotless during the festivities.
Preparation Before Christmas Day:
- Service your vacuum cleaner to ensure it’s running at its best when it will be needed the most. To find out how to service your vacuum cleaner, read our blog Self-Help Vacuum Maintenance Guide.
- Ensure you have stocked up on your cleaning supplies, including everything from cleaning rags and chemical-based products to natural cleaning agents like white vinegar and baking soda (both white vinegar and baking soda combine with water to make a powerful stain remover).
- With treats, drinks and gifts passing hands, your floors are bound to get messy. Ensure your cordless vacuum cleaner is charged and ready-to-go so that you can whiz over the floors in a flash without your guests even noticing.
On Christmas Day:
- Fill the dishwasher as the party ensues and run it regularly to keep fresh glasses and plates at the ready.
- For any spills on hard floors or carpets, you can quickly suck up the mess with your wet and dry vacuum cleaner and wipe the stickiness away with a clean, damp cloth.
- If you own pets, you might want to have a community lint roller available for your guests or use your cordless vacuum to keep on top of pet hair around your home.
- Have a few taxi numbers ready in case it’s a busy night and your guests need different options to make it home safely.
- With chilly weather brings the common cold, make sure you have a well-stocked collection of tissues available for your guests - for the germaphobes in your life easy-access hand sanitiser can keep you and your guests from falling ill over the holidays.
We don’t recommend spending the whole party keeping your home in tip, top shape; but in the case of a spill it’s better to be prepared so that you can tackle stains quickly before they soak in.
If you’re looking for a handy cordless vacuum cleaner, why not browse our range of cordless Joey vacuum cleaners for taking care of everyday messes in a flash and making the festive season that much more enjoyable.